1. Certain bits of the NHS are bloody marvellous. So there. Cannot praise more highly the kindness and professionalism of all the team at the Manvers Ward of St Mary's Hospital, Paddington.
2. I have had to relearn so many things, from walking (with a zimmer to start with), to typing (so please excuse if this blog ever starts to resemble an unlovely combination of Polish/Swahili/Aramaic), to - gulp! - doing my face!
3. Burning the midnight oil with tea and vitamins is far more productive than (and nearly as much fun as) doing so with wine - BIG learning curve, this one!
4. I have the kindest husband, family and friends in the world.
5. Have rediscovered three of my favourite books ever - thanks Nick (brother) and Mum. To. Die. For. Really.
7. There's nothing like coming home to Mum's shepherd's pie, tea with Gold Top milk and Children in Need to stop you feeling sorry for yourself.